January 26, 2013

DIY Glitter iPhone Case

I'm so excited to finally be posting about this project.  A few months ago, I dropped my iPhone and cracked not only my screen but my case.  Which meant I needed a replacement...

There are a million cute cases out there but I'm a sucker for all things glitter.  I found a few sparkly options at Kate Spade and JCrew that I loved.  Being the consummate DIY-er though, I decided to save my $35 and make one myself.  To make your own, all you need is a clear iPhone case, Mod Podge, a sponge or paint brush and glitter. 

Using your paint brush, apply a nice thick coat of Mod Podge to the front of your iPhone case.
Sprinkle glitter on top of the Mod Podge.  

Tap/shake the case to get off any excess.

Allow to dry for about 30 minutes and then add another layer of Mod Podge on top to seal everything in. 
Once everything is dry, you'll have a gorgeous new iPhone case!  (and maybe a little extra glitter inside your purse for a bit)

0 comments: