December 1, 2012

Embroidery Hoop Christmas Wreath

I've been binge crating (and shopping) for the holidays the past few weekends and finally got around to making the one quintessential Christmas craft that every home should have: a wreath!  

Instead of decorating one of the plain, artificial wreath bases, I grabbed one of the million embroidery hoops that I have in my craft closet, some loose holiday floral stems and a hot glue gun. 

After trimming down the floral stems in to smaller pieces, I arranged them on the embroidery hoop and simply hot glued everything down, accenting with holly berries and pine cones. 

I love the rustic look of the snow-frosted pine needles and the mini size - about 12" when finished.  It's the perfect piece to hang on your mantle or give as a gift!


0 comments: