October 13, 2012

Paper Clip & Button Bookmarks

I've always been an avid reader and remember eagerly looking forward to school book fairs as a child so I could binge on latest Judy Blume, Roald Dahl or Beverly Cleary. 

There's some wonderfully grounding about turning the pages of a paperback book, earmarking the corner where you left off.  I love seeing a stack of them on my nightstand as a reminder of what I'm reading and being able to loan or give to a friend when I'm done.  I refuse to read on a Kindle for these very reasons.

Despite my love for physical reading materials, I never seem to have a bookmark handy to mark the point where I invariably passed out in bed reading late at night.  I decided to make some of my own for this very reason so ventured to my favorite, sacred crafting venue: Michaels. 

They had these adorable, vintage-y looking buttons...roses, nautical anchors and shiny crystals.  With about 5 minutes worth of work, I hot glued them to jumbo paper clips and covered the back with a little piece of cream felt.  Piece. Of. Cake. 




0 comments: