September 20, 2012

Food On A Stick

I generally like foods that come on sticks, picks or skewers: popsicles, meatballs, caramel apples, fruit kabobs and corn dogs to name a few.  Also, anything wrapped in bacon or in a puff pastry or made in a muffin tin is pretty much a guaranteed good time in your mouth. 

My friend Celeste* and I hosted a couples cocktail wedding shower this last Saturday for our friend Sarah and whipped up some bite sized nibbles that I wanted to share.  In all the chaos of getting ready though, I only managed to snap a photo of my caprese on a stick. :( Luckily, this was one of my favorite appetizers we made so I thought I'd share.  It's literally the easiest thing ever and looks cute and fancy.

Just skewer a little mozzarella ball, leaf of basil and cherry tomato.  Voila!  Other finger foods from the menu included bacon wrapped shrimp, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, teriyaki meatballs, veggie + cream cheese crostinis, and more.


*I know I've mentioned this on here before, but it's worth mentioning again.  Celeste is a mutant form of a Super Mom who can entertain, clean house, bake and run a 10k all with a baby in one arm and while chatting on the phone with a friend.  And makes it look easy.  She also has the most incredible eye for design, so every shower, birthday party and luncheon she's ever thrown looks amazing.  Like her back patio where we had the shower.  See, isn't it beautiful?



0 comments: