May 20, 2012

Simple Herb Rubbed Chicken Recipe

I've been out of town on/off for the last week and was up to my ears in work before that so I haven't been blogging for close to 2 weeks. ¡Qué horrible!  To make it up to you, I wanted to share the delicious dinner that Ryan and I made tonight.  There are lots of flavorful ingredients but it was simple and easy to make. 

The recipe was inspired by one I saw in this month's Bon Appetit magazine for a spatchcocked chicken with a delicious herb marinade.  Not being a fan of spatchcocking (it involves a complicated process of butterflying the chicken, and then breaking the sternum), I opted for some classic chicken breasts instead. 

To make the rub start by adding the below ingredients in to your food processor:
  • 1/3 c olive oil
  • 2/3 c diced red onion
  • 2-3 cloves garlic 
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1 tbs pesto sauce (optional)
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Leaves of 1 sprig fresh rosemary + thyme
  • Pinch of salt + pepper



Puree your ingredients in to a paste.  Place your chicken breasts in a casserole dish and spread the marinade on liberally.  I added some extra sprigs of rosemary and thyme to the chicken, as well as a few slices of lemon.


Bake at 400 degrees for roughly 35-45 minutes and enjoy!  I served this with a side dish of small potatoes and blanched green beans tossed with olive oil and Dijon mustard.


0 comments: