January 22, 2012

Sunday Supper: Braised Beef Short Ribs

My all time favorite restaurant is Lucques in West Hollywood.  Ryan discovered it a few years ago and we've been a handful of times for special occasions or when family is in town.  Owner, Suzanne Goin wrote this amazing cookbook - Sunday Suppers At Lucques - featuring fresh, seasonal recipes intended for...Sunday suppers!  All the recipes are meant for gatherings of six people so I decided to whip one up for Ryan and my friends Jenny and Diana: Braised Beef Short Ribs With Potato Puree, Swiss Chard and Horseradish Cream

Though complex, this dish is not impossible.  If you have an afternoon to make a special meal and are careful to follow the instructions, you will surely have a hearty dinner to die for.  Also, if you're a visual learner like me, I also mapped out a timeline of steps so you know roughly when to work on each part.  (Note: the +25% note is so I had extra stock to freeze and use for another dish down the road)

The entire recipe - word for word - can be found here plus before and after pictures of my dish below!  Happy Cooking!

Before
After
Timeline

4 comments:

Megan said...

Those look amazing. I love all your measurement conversions lol.

E said...

I had to use a calculator. Twice

Meg said...

Damn lady!

Heather said...

Dude, this is intense! Great job!