January 16, 2012

DIY Scrapbook

One of my favorite times of the year is November 14th, also known as Ryan and my anniversary.  Also known as the best day of the year.  We've had three of them.  NBD.  And every year, I make a scrap book like the one below chronicling our nights out, days with friends, concerts, trips and other adventures.  

I don't like using the standard photo albums because they don't allow for flexibility and they're just a little...generic.  With these, I can add in the occasional 5x7, write captions and add my ticket stubs* and other pieces of memorabilia.  I also love the black paper.  It adds something special.  You can buy them over on Kolo.com.  They come in a variety of sizes and colors, in cloth or leather and you can add/expand the albums to add extra pages over time.  *loves*


* My love for physical tickets vs. lame print outs is waning after I lost a set and missed one of my favorite bands last month.  Sad face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the scrapbooks. Now if only I could find some time to make one!

E said...

I'm the same way. It takes me months of slow and steady progress to make our 'anniversary album' every year.