December 7, 2011

DIY Painted Christmas Bulb Ornaments

I'm reluctantly posting this blog because of how fug my photos turned out so forgive my Ray Charles, sepia-style camerawork.  It doesn't help that the blog I was inspired by is completely adorable. Note to self, purchase Canon Rebel camera.

Anyways, I saw this idea on my favorite crafting blog - Sugar and Charm - and knew I had to make these ornaments.  Most of the crappy bulbs you find in stores are frosted or weird shades of maroon whereas this lets you pick custom colors.  All you need are clear ornaments and a variety of paints...some glittery, some high gloss, etc.  Squeeze a large dollop of paint inside your ornament and basically just shake it around (covering the hole with a paper towel) until the entire inside is coated.  Then allow to dry and pop your ornament lid back on.





4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute ornaments and so easy - I love it!! I am so happy you are writing again because you make me laugh. Today its: forgive my Ray Charles, sepia-style camerawork. So thanks for that :)

E said...

Thanks Michelle!!! I meant to comment that I love your little EAT lettering you made. I saw a step-by-step of it somewhere online and have been meaning to do as well!

Katie said...

These are adorable!

Diana said...

Very cool! I want to try . . . .